The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA) inspects all establishments producing, importing and marketing food and feed. DVFA also inspects, animal assembly centres, veterinary practitioners and some livestock holdings.
As an official authority DVFA:
- Carries out controls according to the general inspection manual and other guidelines and legislation.
- Has the right to come everywhere in the establishment and inspect for example premises, products, documents and electronic data.
- Has the right to give the necessary sanctions like enjoining orders, prohibitions, injunctions, administrative fines and reporting to the police.
- Has the right to take the necessary samples.
- Must respect the rights of the establishments and give the necessary information during an inspection e.g. about observations and legal rights.
- Has to document the inspections on inspection reports.