Travelling with danish dogs and cats by car, truck, bus or train from Zealand, Denmark through Sweden to and from Bornholm is allowed when complying the following requirements:
- The travel is only possible between Helsingborg to Ystad or between Lernacken (Øresund Bridge) ot Ystad in any direction.
- The animal must be transported directly from Ystad to Bornholm and from Helsingborg or Lernacken (Øresund Bridge) to Zealand.
- The animal may not have stayed in other countries than EU Member Stater og EFTA States within the past 6 months.
- A car og seat reservation to the ferry from Ystad must have been made.
- The animal may under no circumstances leave the vehicle or have contact with other animals during the transport.
- The stay in Sweden must not exceed 4 hours.
- The animal must have a microchip or readable tattoo.
- The animal must within 10 days prior to departure to Sweden (both from Zealand and from Bornholm) be treated againt tapeworm. The treatment must be documented either in the Pet Passport or the special form provided by the Swedish authorities.
- Before entering Sweden the Swedish Customs must be notified. This is done online.
Link to the Swedish Customs Online Notify System.
If you have question regarding filling out the notification please contact the Swedish Customs.
The Online Notify System is not applicable for travelling to Sweden alone.
Note: These requirement apply to travels with Danish dogs and cats to and from Zealand alone. Are you travelling from Jutland through Sweden to Bornholm, your animal must comply with the requirement for export to Sweden.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration makes certain reservations for information not known to us.